Advantages of Formation and Registration in the Cayman Islands
The Cayman Islands is one of the world's leading providers of specialised financial services and a preferred destination for the structuring and domiciling of sophisticated financial services products. A wide range of Companies, Partnerships and Trusts are registered by the Registrar of Companies.
There are many advantages of forming and registering a company in the Cayman Islands which include the following:
- Expert management services at competitive fees.
- Speed and ease of establishment at a relatively low cost.
- Reasonable and practical reporting requirements.
- Professional infrastructure and reputation. The Cayman Islands is well known for its established and experienced financial services sector with its sophisticated financial infrastructure, telecommunications system, and presence of the Big 4 accounting firms, leading law firms, fund administrators, directors and corporate service providers.
- Ability to form a company with only one shareholder, with no minimum capitalization requirements.
- Privacy. There are well-established mechanisms for co-operation with law enforcement agencies, both locally and overseas, to assure the highest standards of probity throughout Cayman's financial industry. Within this framework, protection of the legitimate interests of clients is safeguarded. The Registrar is able to release on enquiry only the name, type of company, the date of registration, the address of its registered office, and the status of the company. Except where assistance to law enforcement agencies to combat illicit activity is mandated, disclosure of information by government officials, professional agents, attorneys and accountants is prohibited.
- Tax neutrality. There are no corporation, capital gains, payroll, property or withholding taxes, domestic or foreign in the Cayman Islands.
- Flexible, innovative and practical legislation, which supports corporates, partnerships and trusts. For more information Cayman Islands Laws
- The range of purposes for which a Cayman company can be used includes investment, sales processing, trading, shipping operations, stock dealing, real estate holding, the ownership and licensing of patents, international financing, mutual funds, insurance, securitization, structured finance and aircraft finance.
- An English-based legal system and an established judiciary (with final appeals to the Privy Council of the House of Lords in London). The legal system supports finance and banking transactions and is flexible, credible and creditor friendly.
- Low country risk. The Cayman Islands is a politically and economically stable jurisdiction. The Cayman Islands has a stable sovereign debt rating and the Cayman government must seek approval for additional borrowings from the United Kingdom, under the Framework for Fiscal Responsibility.